The head coach for the Fifty/50 Academy’s Women’s and Children’s Programs, Jen is a brown belt with an extensive competition resume and over a decade of professional coaching experience.
Before taking up her post at the Fifty/50 Academy, Jen had trained at a few other area Jiu-Jitsu gyms, but moved over to train under Ryan Hall full-time in 2008 and has seen her technical skills and competitive abilities expand exponentially as a result.
As an eleven-time international medalist (including a Pan American championship gold and 5 medals from the World Championship), Jen knows what it takes to train and win at a high level in the world of women’s Jiu-Jitsu. A dedicated student and passionate, detailed instructor, Jen believes that all women should train BJJ because it is the only martial art that gives them the tools they need to reliably overcome a larger, stronger attacker.
When she’s not teaching, Jen continues to train hard everyday to improve her skills and prepare for local, regional, and international competitions. In addition to her credentials as a grappler, Jen is a former head coach for the JV field hockey team Yorktown High School (Arlington, VA), holds a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do, and is a professional swim coach who has guided the early careers of multiple current world-level competitors. Jen has overcome a series of major surgeries to accomplish what she has in Jiu-Jitsu, demonstrating incredible mental strength and resiliency that she strives to transfer into anyone she coaches.
Some Of Jen’s Competitive Highlights
- 2013 CBJJ Brasiliero Absolute Bronze (Brown Belt)
- 2013 CBJJ Brasiliero Silver (Brown Belt Feather)
- 2013 IBJJF New York Open Champion (Brown Belt Feather)
- 2012 IBJJF New York Open Champion (Purple Belt Light Feather)
- 2011 IBJJF No-Gi Mundial Silver (Purple Belt Light Feather)
- 2010 IBJJF Mundial Bronze (Purple Belt Light Feather)
- 2010 IBJJF No-Gi Pan American Silver (Purple Belt Light Feather)
- 2010 Gracie Nationals Absolute Champion (Purple Belt)
- 2009 IBJJF Mundial Bronze (Blue Belt Open Weight)
- 2009 IBJJF Mundial Bronze (Blue Belt Light Feather)
- 2009 IBJJF Pan American Champion (Blue Belt Light Feather)
- 2009 IBJJF New York Open Champion (Blue Belt Light Feather)
- 2007 IBJJF Mundial Bronze (Blue Belt Light Feather)
- Multiple Time Maryland Open Judo Champion
Follow Jen live on her blog: BJJ Cailin